Remeha Avanta 28 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post on this forum! Any help much appreciated.
My Remeha Avanta has been in for about 18 months now and had been fine until recently. From first fire up in the morning, the boiler kicks in as usual and I can hear the pump running, but before rads reach temperature the boiler shuts down for a couple of minutes before re-starting. This cycle continues and the rads only stay warm even though the room stat is calling for heat. I've done the usual reset stuff and the boiler readout doesn't show up any faults. This next bit may be my imagination....after running the hot tap for a bit, I swear the problem rights itself! Certainly, by late in the day, rads are up to temperate and all's fine again....until the next morning!
P.S. I'm sure the boiler/pump/rad circuit are noisier than before. Any ideas anyone? It's driving me mad!!!

Sponsored Links
As it is only 18 months old it is still under warranty.

Call your installer back, let him have a look, then assuming it's nothing simple, let him book a warranty call with Broag ;)

Dave,
Thanks for taking the time to reply...it's certainly worth a try!

Sponsored Links
Sorted!
I apologise to my Remeha! It turned out to be the Towerstat wireless prog/sat. It has either developed a fault or is the victim of router interference.
I have removed it and re-installed the original timeclock along with a two wire roomstat; hey presto.....back to normal!
This may sound illogical, but the system is quiet again; maybe because the boiler runs up to temperature rather than 'hunting'.
Whatever was going on is now resolved!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back