Remeha Avanta Plus boiler - topping up with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pressure on my Remeha Avanta Plus has dropped to 0 after street work on gas supply. In the manual it says I have to turn OFF the boiler at the mains before topping up, but when I open the taps nothing happens. Surely the boiler needs to be ON before the pressure can increase, or am I wrong? It just worries me that there is a big warning in the manual to switch off the boiler while topping up! Any help greatly appreciated...

Sponsored Links
The pressure comes from your main water supply so does not need power. The guage unless digital does not need power either.

The gas supply is not linked to your water pressure.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Any idea at all then why the pressure doesn't increase when I open the taps? Our water is turned on and water is flowing normally from them.

The pressure comes from your main water supply so does not need power. The guage unless digital does not need power either.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Any idea at all then why the pressure doesn't increase when I open the taps? Our water is turned on and water is flowing normally from them.

Pete

are you talking about the boiler fill tap?
do you hear any water going into the boiler?
is the boiler working normally without giving an error code?
if the answer is yes to the questions above then it's likely that the guage is faulty

as pete has said, the work outside would have had no effect whatsoever on your heating system pressure

Matt

Sponsored Links
Pete, I have just discovered that the problem was with the on eof the taps on the boiler, which wasn't actually turning as the head is broken. Cheers.

Pete

Thanks Matt too. Problem since resolöved. Faulty boiler tap, even though it looks fine.

Pete

are you talking about the boiler fill tap?
do you hear any water going into the boiler?
is the boiler working normally without giving an error code?
if the answer is yes to the questions above then it's likely that the guage is faulty

as pete has said, the work outside would have had no effect whatsoever on your heating system pressure

Matt

You are very welcome. Alot of filling loop taps are prone to rounding off the plastic turn knobs just like the washing machine inlet valves.

Glad to hear you got it sorted however was a drop to zero suddenly or have you just noticed as the hot water would not work as I guess you have had the heating off for a while now since the coldest winter in 30 odd years has past.

You normally lose pressure gradually over time from a sealed system however a drastic drop could mean a leak or faulty pressure release valve.

Pete

dear all,

my water is close to 1 bar and i need to top it up, but I don't know how!

The only valve close to the cold water circuit doesn't do anything!

Is there any procedure on the boiler itself to do or what else????

thanks

Marco

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back