Remeha Avanta 30S control options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the phone for over an hour to the manufacturer today, gave up without getting the info I need.... Hope some of the Avanta installer can give me some help.
1, I think I am right in saying that the system boilers come with an internal 2 channel time clock, now if I wanted to utilise a wireless programmable stat could I link terminals 1&4 on X2 ?
2, Has anybody used the Honeywell open therm wireless modulating Roomstat or Programmable R/stat with this boiler and are they readily available.
3, Does the weather Comp sensor unit come with its own wiring or do I have to obtain seperatly.
Your help will be much apreiciated.

Sponsored Links
1, I think I am right in saying that the system boilers come with an internal 2 channel time clock, now if I wanted to utilise a wireless programmable stat could I link terminals 1&4 on X2 ?
According to their brochure the clock is an optional extra, but surely they should have been able to answer this simple question. Even if it does come included you can always disconnect it from X2.

Have a look at Avanta Suggested Schematics, which are wiring diagrams covering nearly all options.

Has anybody used the Honeywell open therm wireless modulating Roomstat or Programmable stat with this boiler and are they readily available.
Honeywell Opentherm products (CM937 and 957) have been announced but are not yet available. The other Honeywell stats eg, CM927 work OK with the Avanta.

Remeha also do their own Opentherm controller - Celcia 20, which is wired. There is also the new iSense, which can be either wired Opentherm or wireless (not Opentherm).

Does the weather Comp sensor unit come with its own wiring or do I have to obtain separately.
You have to get your own wire, nothing special just normal twin core.

You can use the weather compensator sensor with a stat like the CM927. The only difference, compared to the Opentherm version, is that you have to adjust the heating curve manually at the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back