Remeha Avanta Plus 28c E13

Sponsored Links
E13: Heat exchanger fuse protection had responded; replace heat exchanger after finding and solving the cause. Pump was knackered so replaced it but still get e13 do I really need to replace the heat exchanger just because the tiny sensor on the top cannot be removed???

No flow through hex, air in hex? Pump running? Pressure reading ok? Hardly needs a new hex, check sensor. I assume you know how to do these tests?

Sponsored Links
Linked the sensor on top of the heat exchanger and works fine reconnect and e13 comes back. New pump, and it works with link so I know its okay no air plenty of flow. Pump was original fault, but did that take the sensor out and can it be replaced??

I am amazed at you guys enbcouraging a DIYer to open up his boiler and play about with it.

No he has bypassed a safety device and there is no RGI in sight and he is continuing to use the APPLIANCE!

not me i just posted the link to the MI which he should have anyway

The fuse prevents overheating of the plastic flue system. Your heat exchanger has failed on the combustion side, probably bent coils allowing too much heat to by-pass it into the flue.

The cause has to be found to prevent doing the same to a new heat exchanger, but you need a new heat exchanger. Linking out the fuse would be tampering with a safety device. Something you could be held accountable for when the boiler eventually catches fire.

The fuse can't be replaced as the heat exchanger damage is already done.

Yes im competent, and gas safe, by-passed to confirm my suspicions about the defective sensor, remeha technical man was pants. Told me the sensor can't be replaced and that the whole gas to water heat exchanger had to be replaced, £500.00 no thanks.

It didn't lockout on overheat, pump seized registering no flow, temp at time of error was 46degree flow and 18 return. During the boilers pre-purge stage(1). I do have the MI.

Yes im competent, and gas safe, by-passed to confirm my suspicions about the defective sensor, remeha technical man was pants. Told me the sensor can't be replaced and that the whole gas to water heat exchanger had to be replaced, £500.00 no thanks.

You should be posting in The Combustion Chamber if you are an rgi

The thermal fuse has nothing to do with overheat stats. They monitor primary overheat, the thermal fuse monitors combustion overheat leaking into the plastic parts. Normal overheat could be the contributing cause of heat exchanger failure, but it's that failure that's activated the thermal fuse. Heat exchanger is a write-off.

I am aware of that Steve32, but I was after a broad target group of consumers and installers, in the hope of there being someone out with either the knowledge or previous experience with this fault, as it stumped the technical man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back