Remeha avanta plus PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have just moved into a new house. We have aremeha avanta plus boiler. The hot water runs fine with no problems but i cannot get the central heating on. I changed the settings to have both CH and Hot water on but still nothing. The pressure gage is showing there is 0 bar. I have read i need to top up the system which i have done but when doing this it doesn't increase the bar at all and worse of all there is absolutely no error codes displayed to give me a clue what is wrong. When i try and turn the heating on the boiler makes a high pitched noise, not quite a whistle but its loud and high.
Im lost with that to do so any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Don't try to run the boiler with no pressure in it, it won't do it any good at all. How long did you turn the filling loop on for? There are often two valves you need to turn, did you turn both of them on? If you did and it was running for some time you have a major leak somewhere. Is the house house brand new or just new to you? Does it have suspended wooden floors downstairs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back