Remote control of outdoor led lights

Sponsored Links
Yes, the BG Storm Smart Control system is a good option. Smart in-wall dimmers and switches, on the other hand, are best when you want to control lights controlled by a light switch, and they're especially useful for switches that control multiple lights at once. A smart switch or dimmer is a more permanent solution for incorporating smart lighting into your home. They allow you to turn on and off or dim your lights with a single switch, a smartphone app, or by voice if you have a smart speaker set up for that purpose, but they also allow you to create lighting schedules. You can also install them by electricians without changing your existing fixture or bulbs.

I ended up using the following SMART socket, as it supports Alexa or Google I can make that decision either way.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Question to those that have experience of these items ….

I have the item in above post (Smart socket)
it has a basic leaflet about downloading ‘SmartLife App’
Assume that is used to configure the device, it then gives QR codes for Alexa, or you can use Google Assistant.
If I treat that as a future… does it mean it can be controlled by phone/iPad using SmartLife App for now.
Just need remote on/off capability.

Question to those that have experience of these items ….

I have the item in above post (Smart socket)
it has a basic leaflet about downloading ‘SmartLife App’
Assume that is used to configure the device, it then gives QR codes for Alexa, or you can use Google Assistant.
If I treat that as a future… does it mean it can be controlled by phone/iPad using SmartLife App for now.
Just need remote on/off capability.

Yes to all of those. You may not though, need Alexa. Alexa is useful for more complex operations, such as timed on/off, sunset/sunrise and similar conditional operations, plus speech control.

Just simple on/off for now … so App will do for now then.
I’m sure I’ll want to play in future. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back