REMOTE SWITCHING FOR UB7RM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ub7 - if you can (or have to ) do wired, then you could have a socket controlled by the light switch, but on a socket circuit.

Sponsored Links
ub7 - if you can (or have to ) do wired, then you could have a socket controlled by the light switch, but on a socket circuit.
What's this all about? You seem to have started a new thread with a reply to a post which we (at least I) have not seen.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
As already stated you can have all sorts if you want to pay, the problem with the IFTTT system is you often need a hub, this bumps up the start price. However once you have the hub, adding to it does not cost that much.

So One of these will cost me less than £26.59 not sure of discount being registored with electrofix. Using IFTTT I can control this with either general things like the weather forcast, what I already have two eTRV, a double sockets and a light switch, or one of the three remotes, plus the computers so I could do a lot with it.

However without what I already have, it does nothing, so to use it you would need to buy either a remote control or a hub, there are at least four sockets in the range, one is fixed and replaces a standard socket it is actually two independent outputs, and of the three plug in units, one only monitors, one only switches, and one montors and switches.

Each make has something simular, the problem is to find out exactly what they will do before buying, the twin socket I have for example, has just three on periods any more and you need to use the IFTTT system.

As with any internet system, if internet goes down it fails, mine switches on door alarms, so I know if mother is excapeing, if it does not set, I am unaware she is roaming the street, not really that much of a problem, but for the central heating, not switching on or off can mean a cold house or high bills, it depends how important it is.

I look at it this way, when the alarm fails and we inform the council, they feel it is OK to have no alarm over the weekend, having it down down for three days they feel is OK, so if it goes down because internet has failed for a few hours, then not really important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back