Remote light switching

24 Aug 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Sorry about the length of this...

I am going to be wiring a conservatory (dwarf walls all round) and have a little problem with the lighting.

They want wall lights to go on pillars which are either side of the french doors, these doors are on the side of the conservatory furthest away from the house. They also want some lighting for the garden on the outside of the pillars.

Now the problem is that it is going to be a right pain in the @?$* to get switched power over to these lights, so my thoughts were to spur off the socket circuit via a fused spur to the lights and use some remote switching, but I want to be able to use the same style of swithces as the sockets, I also don't really want to have a remote control (like a TV controller). Getting power to the switch position will not be a problem..

So what I am wondering is, does anyone know of a product that can sort this for me??
Sponsored Links
I don't have names offhand but i'm sure I have seen transmitter modules for remote switching that are designed to be mounted behind a standard lightswitch and controlled by it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links