Does this exist? - wireless remote light switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi forum,

I am after something so do the following. In my living room I will exclusively use lighting by lamps. Having just re-plastered, I really don't want to chase it all out to wire up what I am after. I realise I have overlooked this in planning somewhat.

I want to be able to activate a number of sockets via the existing mains light switch. That means I need a transmitter that can be mains powered.

plenty of people sell a set of remote power switches. But they are all activated via a remote which is not ideal. What I want is that same remote to be wired into the existing lighting circuit.

Since the lounge is the entrance to the house, I need to be able to have some light from the door switch, but really want to avoid a light in the exiting ceiling rose. I would rather that light is via turning on all the lamps simultaneously.

Sponsored Links
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Security_Menu_Index/EasySwitch/index.html

With this you install a transmitter in the back of a normal switch - the switch then becomes battery powered from the transmitter, and will need maintenance.

Into each socket you plug in the reciever switch module. You can install several wireless "circuits".

Its a bit long winded and expensive though. Cant you just use the switch on the lamp?

Yes you are right - it's not particularly cheap and there are the associated maintainence issues - but I am happy as larry!

Thank you so much Steve - you star!

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the GET wireless scene setter. They are not cheap but really good kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back