Remote temperature alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to set up a system to alert me if the temperature drops to below freezing at my holiday home.
Does any one know of any remote dialers/frost stats that can send a message if there is a power cut or boiler breaks down and temperature drops below freezing when I am not there.

Sponsored Links
frost stat wirde to an alarm.

but suppose its just too cold and frost stat trips, will it not be a wasted journey?

We are talking about a family home in Hungary, 1400 miles away, last year boiler packed in and stopped heating the house causing a burst pipe.

So we are looking at fitting a temperature sensor linked to an alarm type dialer that could send a message to a pre-programmed number if or when inside temp is getting too low. We could then phone a relative who lives in the area to call to check things out.

Any ideas anyone ?

Sponsored Links
a community care type dispersed alarm unit with a hypothermia alarm would do exactly what you want, give a mains fail call during a powercut and call with a low temp warning. you can also add flood detectors, co detector, gas leak detector, smoke detector, intruder alarm, relay outputs etc. you program in up to 4 numbers for it to dial and you can have seperate recorded voice messages for each input on the better ones.
if your doing the frost stat wired to a dialler remember to fit a battery backed up psu so it will still work if the boiler has stopped because of a powercut.

Menvier SD2 Speech Dialler

This has built in temp monitoring, high and low alarm points. Plus you can ask it the current temp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back