Removal of Heritage Tap Indicies?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Long time no visit but here's an easy one for those of you experienced.

My 4 year old Heritage 'Hot' taps ( http://www.heritagebathrooms.com/pages/pd_tandm_loxleigh.html #) have all begun to be difficult to fully open - I'm guessing limescale build up in the valves.

So, easy, just replace the valves or descale... uhm well that's what I thought until I started to break the fragile indicies.

My first attempt was to 'pop' them off with a flat blade...nope I should have looked here: http://www.heritagebathrooms.com/images/spare_parts_images/sp_pop01.jpg as it appears they maybe threaded?

So can someone confirm indicies removal technique? I've also tried unscrewing but they're so fragile they're cracking and simply not budging!

Would be much appreciated, thanks
Lea

Sponsored Links
If they're cracking then there's no need to be careful with them - fit new ones when you've finished the job.

They're definitely threaded, so to remove them just grip securely with grips, or pump pliers (but not with so much force that you distort the brass part of the index), and turn anti-clockwise.

If the ceramic/plastic parts breaks up, so be it. You can grip the brass portion.

Hi softus

Thanks for the thread confirmation, yes that's the conclusion I came to also. Best I begin ordering spares :)

Many thanks
Lea

Sponsored Links
FYI

Dear Lea

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Depending on the age of the tap we have 2 sets of Loxleigh indices, the first set are the same as the indices in the picture you provided. They should just unscrew off, the second set are the older model which have small teeth on the under side of the indcie. The just pull out. But they will only apply to taps that are at least 4 years old and over.

Hope that helps

Regards

Heritage Technical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back