removal of permitted developement rights?

Planning covers building, not horticulture

This is simply wrong. See section 197 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

Lol. Simply wrong :rolleyes:

And what's your expert opinion on the difference between horticulture and arboriculture? And in context of the OP and s197?

Can the removal of PD rights require an application for full planning permission to plant stuff. That's what is being asked. Does the planting of stuff actually come under planning law anyway. What is your view? ie do I need to apply for planning permission (or an LDC) for the daffs and crocuses in my front garden under s197 or elsewhere?

Did you actually read my other comment regarding planting schemes as conditions only.

Sponsored Links
I have a spirit level in Bricklaying as a qualification.

You are far too modest. You also have a spade in hole digging.

Yes, but you don't seem to have a Clue in Planning.

Give us your answer to post #16 and I'll mark it to see if it's a First Class Honours in Talking Shiite, or just a credit. Either way, it will be a good mark I'm sure.

Got my hot dog, beer, and popcorn. Just taking my seat in the bleachers.

Sponsored Links
Without the information requested, it's hard to see that there's much point continuing this thread.

That is every single piece of info presented to us, I can't conjure up anything that doesn't exist so I quess you are right, I'm asking in the wrong place

And in spite of what PTS2 may think, this site is not made up of amateur "hacks", it's largely populated by professional tradesmen and professionals and the retired version of these.
If I were someone who contributed regularly to this forum I would find your comments even more offensive than I do as an occasional asker

Just read the previous 2 posts that I'd missed, seems like more than me has problems here.

So;
197Planning permission to include appropriate provision for preservation and planting of trees.
It shall be the duty of the local planning authority—

(a)to ensure, whenever it is appropriate, that in granting planning permission for any development adequate provision is made, by the imposition of conditions, for the preservation or planting of trees; and

(b)to make such orders under section 198 as appear to the authority to be necessary in connection with the grant of such permission, whether for giving effect to such conditions or otherwise.

Annotations:

Yes, I've read that but it covers preservation of existing and condition to enforce planting, what it doesn't mention is the right to plant.

Last edited:
what it doesn't mention is the right to plant.

Because, believe it or not, that does not come under planning law.

What PTS2 has done is searched the document for "Trees", found it's mentioned, and then posted that here. What he had not done is given any context.

So for the last time, planting of trees, bushes, hedges, hardy perennials, or summer bedding plants is not covered by permitted develoment or planning law in the context of the OP.

cyclonebri2 Planning consents and their associated conditions are a matter of public record. These days, by the wonder of technology, public records are generally available online. If the wording doesn't exist, then you're free to do as you please vis-a-vis permitted development. However, if this mystical document does in fact exist, and if you feel so inclined, find it, and share it with us.

What PTS2 has done is searched the document for "Trees", found it's mentioned, and then posted that here. What he had not done is given any context.

So for the last time, planting of trees, bushes, hedges, hardy perennials, or summer bedding plants is not covered by permitted develoment or planning law in the context of the OP.

Then lo and behold you have actually answered my question, should it have been that difficult??, and also given your comments should you have mentioned the context in which you now understand due to the courtesy of others?.

There is a common name for people such as yourself, but I prefer to call them leeches/parasites

Last edited:
cyclonebri2 Planning consents and their associated conditions are a matter of public record. These days, by the wonder of technology, public records are generally available online. If the wording doesn't exist, then you're free to do as you please vis-a-vis permitted development. However, if this mystical document does in fact exist, and if you feel so inclined, find it, and share it with us.

So you want me to post personnel info on an open forum??, please wake up

What he means is you muppet is share the written text on the approval, you don't have to include the address or anything else that will enable identity of the property or applicant. Jeez!

Then lo and behold you have actually answered my question, should it have been that difficult??, and also given your comments should you have mentioned the context in which you now understand due to the courtesy of others?.

There is a common name for people such as yourself, but I prefer to call them leeches/parasites

WTF are you on about?

It's going to end badly. "In my view".

Seems like the vegetable matter is not confined to the planning conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back