Remove chimney stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rough price for removing a chimney stack down to ceiling level and making good ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 196
Sponsored Links
Some money

Access/scaffold/skip/clear roofspace/access to and from roofspace etc etc etc?

Sponsored Links
Oh ok .... Will need a scaffold and skip. No conservatory or anything in the way for access, roof space access via the velux's that will be fitted by the same company ( already had quote for Windows ). Actual stack protrudes about 5 ft from the roof two.

I removed a larger stack with out any scaffolding. I first removed a couple of tiles from the roof adjacent to the stack then with a stool on a board, I could then just reach the pots which were taken off. The remainder of the stack as taken apart and dropped down into the upstairs flue.
I rigged up a ladder with hardboard between the rungs and covered with carpet. These bits were all held in place by flat headed roofing bolts going through some battens on the underneath the stiles. This ladder was a ramp going from the back bedroom window onto the lawn. So my dad unloaded the fire place and filled the ladder ramp which my 8 year old son unloaded onto the lawn.
Points to note:- With only hardboard the bricks go down at 90 MPH and bury them selves into the lawn so the carpet added some friction so slowed them down and the ladder should be at the lowest angle. The joints in the hardboard and carpet must be overlapping like tiles else the bricks will jam. I think the job took less then 5 hours for the 3? of us for a 3 pot Victorian stack. Very dusty. Took another day to make good the joists, laths felting and concrete tiles.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back