Remove EPH Wireless Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In the house I've recently moved into the previous owner installed an EPH wireless receiver and thermostat. I want to remove this as I've got a Tado thermostat I'd like to use instead. There is an external Danfoss FP715 programmer under the boiler that I've already replaced with the Tado extension kit and have the Tado thermostat working by setting the EPH receiver to manual so it's always on. I'd like to get rid of the EPH receiver though.

I think it's a case of removing the wires going to live (L) and neutral (N) completely from the terminal block, they go to 1 and 2 on the terminal block in the Danfoss Wiring Centre. Then removing the wires that go to ON (3) and COM (2), these go to 5 and 4 on the terminal block. Then move the other brown wire that's sharing the number 4 slot on the terminal block to number 5 on the terminal block.

I've attached photos and to clarify again L on the receivers goes to number 1 in the Wiring Centre, N on the receiver goes to number 2 in the Wiring Centre, 2 on the receiver goes to 4 in the wiring Centre, and 3 on the receiver goes to 5 in the Wiring Centre.

I hope I've made sense there, does that all sound correct? Have I got anything wrong? Just want to check before I proceed as I'm no expert.

Thanks

Tony

Attachments

• PXL_20230509_125043012.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230509_125043012.MP.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20230509_125022040.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230509_125022040.MP.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20230509_125100790.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230509_125100790.MP.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20230509_125050250.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230509_125050250.MP.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Sounds and looks correct, although unsure why there’s an off wire. What you need to make sure of is that the wiring for the Tado is connected to the on/off, otherwise you’ll have made the circuit go to open and it won’t work.

Thanks. There's no wire connected to the Off connector, the one labelled number 1, on the EPH wireless receiver. I'm using the Tado wirelessly so I've not wired it in, there is a Danfoss wall thermostat that's still wired in but I'm not sure it's functional, the previous owner has chosen to wire in this EPH wireless receiver and thermostat, EPH Combi Pack 4 I think it is as a combined system, so I haven't attempted to replace the Danfoss walk thermostat with the Tado and it works fine wirelessly regardless.

Last edited:
Sounds and looks correct, although unsure why there’s an off wire.
Some heating plans need the “off” wire to indicate that the heating target has been satisfied. It’s also used to control cooling systems.
But not an issue here because it’s not used. That is why there’s no connection to it!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Some heating plans need the “off” wire to indicate that the heating target has been satisfied. It’s also used to control cooling systems.
But not an issue here because it’s not used. That is why there’s no connection to it!
Apologies, just gone back over the photo and realise I’ve read it wrong, I saw the common as off :mad:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back