Remove Filings in pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have to cut into the vertical pipes above our boiler to insert new tee for new feeds to the kitchen. The hot/cold and central heating pipes are located tight in a corner and there is no room for a pipe cutter. If I use a jigsaw to cut through the pipes, How do I stop the cuttings / filings from dropping down the pipe into the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If you can get a jigsaw in, there should be room to get a pipe slice in (thats the circular ones). Its the only way you'll stop filings getting in there. Use a compression tee and the job will be as clean as possible. John :)

I should think very carefully what you are doing as well.

You can't tee off the common return and add another circuit as you will get reverse circulation.

Of course it may be a combi.

You need to post the make and model of the boiler and what type of system, before you do anything.

and the house has been extended so many times, that the piping now goes three sides round the square if you get the illustration and I thought to get the hot water / heat quicker to cut into the pipes and tee off through the wall and straight into the kitchen. Thereby getting the hot water and heat much quicker (shorter run). I will of course be removing some of the then redundant pipe of the end, but still need to feed the bathroom above.

I should think very carefully what you are doing as well.

You can't tee off the common return and add another circuit as you will get reverse circulation.

Of course it may be a combi.

You need to post the make and model of the boiler and what type of system, before you do anything.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back