remove kitchen drawer front (B&Q Soto)

I'll have a look at one of mine tomorrow.
That picture I posted above is from the deep drawer manual.

Sponsored Links
That would be great thanks as the picture shows to remove that small panel but it’s solid, it can’t be moved in any direction

The grey plastic panel is just a clip in cover. Lever out gently at the rear edge and slide back, or just prise it away.
Then turn the two cross head screw points as indicated. The second one needs quite a bit of force, but the drawer front should jump forward when free.
My pic is l/h side.
Screenshot_20220709-124430_Gallery.jpg
20220709_125255.jpg

Thanks makes sense. Unfortunately my builder came at 9.30 and after an hour we got it off by hammering it off. I would not recommend this isa it broke the external clips and then too us another hour to fix everything. Luckily the other side fell off so we had one side functional.

Sponsored Links
OK so this can be done - just done it (twice). It is as stated above. It is as TimboTwo says. The widget marked one is quite easy to move and seems to release the top connector. The bottom one (marked 2) seems to be the difficult one. It does need a bit of pressure. I tried for ages succeeding with the top connector and couldnt remove the bottom - I finally succeeded and what I think I did was to push down/turn the widget marked one - and then without pulling on the drawer front, turned widget 2 (you dont need to keep widget one turned/pulled down while you do this) and then pulled both connectors out together. A bit of trial and error and you should be able to do it.

The picture on the B&Q website shows the mechanism slightly different. I am interested as I am about to buy one myself
4re.JPG

That's the single height drawer. The comments above are for the extended height. Not sure how to remove the single height front

actually the single height is super easy to remove. One lever that is a bit stiff but put a Philips screwdriver in the slot and push/rotate and that’s all it takes

Final comment - if the front won’t click in to the base you just need to reset the above lever - it will be in the release position and all will be well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back