Remove paint with Makita 9564PCV Angle Grinder...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

which attachment would I use to remove paint from a metal hand railing like the one in the attachment image without damaging the railing?

As you can see the geometry is complex and so would have to be something capable of getting into tight spaces / corners.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 277
Sponsored Links
I'd suggest an angle grinder would be dangerous as it would catch and kick when caught on the edges of the metal . Can you not use paint stripper and rust neutraliser?

They do hard nylon disks for use with grinders to remove paint which I have used successfully, but you might not be able to get into every corner.

Sponsored Links
Mate scrape it & sand it 80grade ,1st coat quickdry zinc phosphate ,then 2nd/3rd coats hammerite that's got rust inhibitor built into it

I'd suggest an angle grinder would be dangerous...

Having a re-think I would be inclined to agree.

I'd use a blowlamp, scraper and wire brush.

Will likely end up just doing this. Thanks.

They do hard nylon disks for use with grinders to remove paint which I have used successfully, but you might not be able to get into every corner.

I really am thinking this may be a non starter with the grinder due to its shape.

Mate scrape it & sand it 80grade ,1st coat quickdry zinc phosphate ,then 2nd/3rd coats hammerite that's got rust inhibitor built into it

Sounds like a great option. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back