Removed post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why have the mods removed the post about Vaillant 937 fault codes this afternoon without posting that they have done so?

It is a good job that I had copied and pasted it all into word before this happened and emailed copies to those who will be concerned about it :confused:

Sponsored Links
forum's all over the shop at the moment, not knowing if it is diy or professional and lacking a clear thought out policy. Problem seems to be too many pros here scaring diyers off what was initially (I presume) meant to be their forum.

Who owns DIYnot?

I suggest you complain to the owner. Without the pros, they haven't got much a site.

There has been far too much censorship recently, some of a personal nature.

Sponsored Links
anything related to flue or gas should be moved to combustion chamber? all diy plumbing thats put on here are not being scared off..

Why have the mods removed the post about Vaillant 937 fault codes this afternoon without posting that they have done so?

Well this is the interesting bit:-

Posted by Heatcall1

United Kingdom
Posted: Fri 08 Aug, 2008 6:35 pm Post Subject: GROUP SERVICE NUMPTEE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAVE

How often have u fitted a boiler and done something wrong?? There is no such thing as a proper vaillant engineer anymore they are all group service engineers or numpties as u put!! I myself am a group service engineer and my knowledge of both vaillant and glowworm products would blow your tiny mind out of the water. 75% of the problems i see on new warranty appliances are due to installation issues/faults. The last f81 f91 fault i had on a 937 was in an installers house, it basically means the boiler has tried to heat the store up to the desired temperature on warmstart and if it fails to do so in 10 minutes it throws f81 f91 fault. This installers boiler would f81 f91 when running a bath!! Erm got your cogs squeaking yet? Basically the idiot had piped it up back to front, u know hot into cold, cold into hot. The boiler would be trying to reach 60 degree while 20 litres a minute are coming out of the tap, it was not working at full output because it was not recognising the flow sensor to activate hot water demand. This is one for your matchbox records of knowledge. You installer numptee. It was probably your house sort of daft thing an idiot would do, and that is just one of thousands of idiot installer things i have seen. At the end of it all we are all here to help the customer/end user but all people like you want to do is slag off the products and the second to none back up of group service.[/b]

anything related to flue or gas should be moved to combustion chamber?.

Why?, there are plenty of forums for those engineers who are far enough up their own backsides to deem themselves the only ones capable of holding such sacred knowledge.
Perhaps we should just put a list of public libraries where the Tolleys books are held containing more flue and gas knowledge than we all collectively possess and we could all buugger off and go and do something far more worthwhile.

I usually have no problem with posts being modded as long as there is an explanation from the mod as to why.

But to just remove a post without no explanation is outrageous, unless heatcall is an alter ego for one of the mods :eek:

Perhaps all us pro's should go on strike and withhold any advice until an explanation is forthcoming ;)

as i have said before, mods can not leave a reason for a post being deleted because they have no means of doing so, even if they wanted to.

This site is owned and run by a private individual

and since he does not have to answer to anyone tough sh*t if you dont like it.

Its always possible it was all removed at the request of Vaillant.

Thats a pity as I was looking forward to the reply from Heatcall 1.

I doubt we will be hearing from him again!

Tony

I have had one official reply back from one of my e-mails and note that it has been forwarded onto a rather higher up individual in the Vaillant group.

Breezer .So how come mods can lock a post and remove certain peoples comments . Then put abuse or what ever removed and topic locked could they not have done that with topic dave is on about

breezer wrote:
as i have said before, mods can not leave a reason for a post being deleted because they have no means of doing so, even if they wanted to.

As you have denied being a mod then how would you ever know? Do you tell the truth?

In fact any mod CAN leave an explanation by creating a new posting and some of the more responsible ones have done that once or twice.

Most dont because they are frightened of losing the power complex that modding gives them. Having said that they are all very sensibly keeping a low profile at the moment and that results in a much more enjoyable site.

The site owner is very pleasant and approachable but can be a little slow to respond.

Tony

no.

they have two delete buttons.

one deletes the post, the other deletes the topic.

if they delete / edit a post they can the leave a comment under or in the post. if they delete the whole topic there is nowhere to leave anything because it now no longer exists.

like i said they can not leave a post where there is nothing to leave a post. and slow responce from the owner is an understatement, but he has a day job and a life to get on with too.

Sponsored Links
Back