Removing a centre piece of tongue and groove chipboard flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20190124_224213.jpg I'm looking for some advice on how best to remove this piece of tongue and groove flooring. would I just take a circular saw and rip right up the tongue and groove all around the panel and would it be easily installed back in if I took that approach. I need to remove it so the gas engineer can repair a pipe as I drilled a screw through a pipe earlier tonight Marked in purple. Or if there is a better I'm open to suggestions. I don't actually have a circular saw, but would a multitool work the same?

Sponsored Links
A multitool is ideal for cutting through the tongues of T&G flooring. It will also do the crosscuts, albeit not as quickly as a circularsaw

Sponsored Links
There are supports about a quarter, and about half the way 'up' the board, you can see the 3 or 4 nail fixings at each line. Personally I'd cut only that two-feet square out as it gives you two solid ends to put the board back down onto. You'll probably need some form of new support fitted to each 'side' of your cut-out since the chipboard won't be tongue and grooved any more, since you need to cut them off.

It might be tight to work on the pipe but it'll probably be tight anyway due to the supports in the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back