Removing a radiator so that just the 15mm pipes are left

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any way of removing a radiator so that just the 15mm pipes are left sticking out of the floor without having to drain the whole system.

I'm laying tiles in the bathroom and it'd look much neater if I could just drill a 15mm hole in a tile and drop it over the pipe rather than cutting a U section out and having a gap to fill in at the back.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer ;) but it's worth asking , thanks

Sponsored Links
You could use the compression nut and olive on there together with a male 1/2" cap you could fit the tile over but hole would be bigger, though just a neat when grouted.

To get the caps on, suspend the system.

Paul Barker said:
To get the caps on, suspend the system.

How do I do that, you've probably gathered by now I know little about heating systems :rolleyes: I just don't want to flood the house :eek:

Sponsored Links
You could try to get hold of some of that freezing stuff that you put on the pipe and it freezes the water inside. Don't know where you get it from, or how expensive it is, but the water board use it when they need to replace your supply pipe, save digging up the mains ferule.

danlightbulb said:
You could try to get hold of some of that freezing stuff that you put on the pipe and it freezes the water inside. Don't know where you get it from, or how expensive it is, but the water board use it when they need to replace your supply pipe, save digging up the mains ferule.

Srewfix Direct sell it. It's called Arctic Spray and it costs £8.49 for 220 ml item no 13369-79. They also do a commercial version for £140

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back