Removing a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to remove a radiator ready for painting the walls in my extension i had built.The rad pipes come out of the screeded floor and protrude about 4 inches.I've drained the rad and undone the nuts at either end but the only way to get the rad off is to bend the copper pipes.I tried to bend them but i did not want to apply to much pressure as i was scared of busting the pipe.The question is how forgiving is copper pipe or should i just leave it and paint behind the rad using a small roller.

Sponsored Links
Cant you just lay the rad flat on the floor with the pipes still connected (loosen the valves), or are you unable to lift it off the hangers on the wall?

See what you mean.I think i have answered my own question.I know it is a pain but if i drain down the system.Then undo the compression fittings on the pipes and lift the rad with the valves still connected to it of the hangers. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back