Removing A Urinal... any tips?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

Hello,

I've got the lovely job of removing a wall-hung urinal and want to know the best way to go about it.

I believe they are fitted on a hanger and further held in place by the sealant all around the back edge; therefore all I need to do is slice through the sealant and push the urinal up and off the hanger - after I've removed the flush and waste connections that is.

Is that all there is to it? What can go wrong?

(The reason I need to remove it is that it leaks from underneath - at the waste joint I presume).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Assume access to the trap and waste isn't possible without removing it? Yes, they have either 1 long offset horizontal metal plate that it hangs on or 2 vertical hooks, either side of the middle line, that hook into it, it should just lift off. Hopefully they only sealed the outside edge and not all over the back otherwise you will have a fun job getting it off the wall.

Get someone to scrub it 1st, especially underneath and at the wall contact points.

Sometimes the spreader is held through the panel on system installations

Sponsored Links
I can't get full access to the waste joint without removing the urinal. There's a removeable panel above it, which I can just about reach behind and undo the waste nut without being able to see it, but I can't replace seals or do any more than that. I need to see what's going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back