removing Baseboard (skirting radiator) USA poster

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a hydronic baseboard heating system. Oil Fired. the house is quite old at almost 200 yrs. In our living room, im looking to put in built in cabinet/bookcase/fireplace. it would take up the entire wall and its an outside wall. the room has 2 outside walls and 2 inside walls. the Baseboard heating runs long the outside walls. Looking for suggestions on how to ... enclose/change the baseboard setup so that i can put cabinets in where they are. i might want to do toe kick heaters but ill figure that out later. Can i just drain the loop, replace the finned sections of baseboard with straight copper pipe, insulate it and then put my cabinets over them?
The crawlspace below them isnt accessible according to 3 different contractors due to extremely limited space. Id hire a professional if its just a matter or replacing the finned pipe with insulated copper pipe but im not sure if there is a better idea or if thats to code in most places.
im in upstate NY. Room is 12'x15' and the wall in question is 12'.

Sponsored Links
As this is a UK site, how are we to know what is to code in NY???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back