Removing bay window and supports

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I intend to build a single storey extension but need to remove a downstairs bay window and would like to know what supports to use for the removal of downstairs bay and also for the upstairs bay. I seem to remember reading about using 2" x 7" joists vertically ?

I know the readers must think I should consult a professional surveyor, I'd just like understand myself initially.

Thanks

Ifsa

Sponsored Links
You are right you need to speak to a SE but, Will you need access to the new extension through where the bay was? If so then you will need a steel of some sort at the ground floor ceiling height and I suspect that a 7x2 structural sstud wall above would be ok, but basically this would be built to match the thickness of your existing wall. however if your house has face brickwork as opposed to a render finish then I would go with brick and block.

chappers said:
I suspect that a 7x2 structural sstud wall above would be ok, but basically this would be built to match the thickness of your existing wall.
Ifsa, my building inspector insist we use stud bolt and square plate washer every 400mm in the centre of the 7"x2"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back