removing cement render - do I need planning permission?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Can someone please confirm if I need planning permission to remove the cement render on the front and back of my house (outside). I like in a terraced house.

Do i also need planning permission if i were to sand blast the bricks as well?

thanks

Sponsored Links
No - providing your house is not listed. You also have to be careful what you replace it with if you are in a conservation area. Not in a conservation area - no problem.

thanks for your reply.

We live in a town where a section south of the railway section is in a conversation area. But we are in the North which is not a conservation area. I assume this will be ok? Or do you think it may have a small issue because we are 15 mins walk from a conservation area?

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply.

We live in a town where a section south of the railway section is in a conversation area. But we are in the North which is not a conservation area. I assume this will be ok? Or do you think it may have a small issue because we are 15 mins walk from a conservation area?
No. You're either in or out.

You may need b'regs approval due to falling within the 25% renovation rule, regarding heat loss etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back