Removing cured Mitrebond?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new kitchen installed and on the cornice in a couple of places exess mitrebond has squeezed from the joint. Is there any way of safely removing it without damaging the gloss surface underneath?

Sponsored Links
you say its been installed?
if so not your problem,get the fitters back and let them sort it out,if they wreck it they have to replace it.

Sponsored Links
you can get super glue remover but like said above if recently fitted get them back
some cornice has a paper thin finish to them so easily damaged

Nail varnish remover could remove any shine .?
It "Could" remove the shine then again it may not. Try on an off cut or place where its not seen first.
Super glue remover is also another common way of removing but again try it first.
If its a gloss surface likely its a plastic layer over MDF.
If the kitchen has been "Signed off" as complete, what chance the fitter will come back if he has been paid anyway? The kitchen manufacturer will have guaranteed the product, so becomes their responsibility if it was their fitter. In the real world no one will take responsibility, it will become so expensive to resolve.
The question was "How do I remove mitre bond" Not who do I blame..... What can I do about...... Who`s fault....

I would lay money on the fact that acetone would remove the shine on a std gloss finish found on a kitchen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back