Removing Floor tile adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have had to take up a row of porcelain floor tiles to repair pipe in floor, I was going to lay a similar tile back as I cant find exact match, is there a best way to remove the old tile adhesive or is there a special tool that would make the job easier.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
SDS drill in rotation stop/hammer only mode and cranked tile remover is pretty good (faster than the straight ones)

Armeg Cranked Tile Remover for SDS.jpg

or failing that a club hammer and an electrician's flooring bolster (the type with a rubber/plastic hand guard). The chisels may need to be sharpened. It should go without saying that this job requires both goggles and thick gloves. You can also get a floor scraper attachment for an SDS drill, but a manual floor scraper is another way to tackle the problem

Thanks, scraper looks best but a bit pricey, I have the sds bit you show here so will give that a try

Sponsored Links
Old blunt blade on a multi tool can also be used, good for cleaning close to tiles Without damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back