removing gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im in the process of removing a gas fire. Ive taken the cap of the valve next to the fire and screwed the valve down thats inside i seem to be screwing to the point of no return there is no resistance and can hear gas escaping, does this mean the valve is no good just curious, its being capped by a gas engineer on monday.

Sponsored Links
So why are you meddling with it now. Leave it to your pro, but you have already removed the cap. Have you checked that it's safe?

So why are you meddling with it now. Leave it to your pro, but you have already removed the cap. Have you checked that it's safe?
yes its safe just curious as to why it would not work, the fire was in the house when we moved in 20 years ago maybe that has something to do with it

i hope your house is still there when the guy turns up on monday, hve none of the last 20 service engineers not commented that the iso was faulty, jeezo, all that service money wasted

Sponsored Links
yes its safe just curious as to why it would not work, the fire was in the house when we moved in 20 years ago maybe that has something to do with it

what test method did you use to confirm it is now safe?

ok probably not the wisest thing to do gas man just been and capped it all i have to do now is throw the thing in the skip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back