Removing grout from natural stone wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have newly installed natural stone tiles on my kitchen wall. The grout remaining on the tile surface is giving me a problem. Ideally I would like to remove it even from the imperfections in the stone but this is turning out to be ridiculously time consuming. I've even tried a wire cup brush on my drill but the potential for disaster seemed too great, even though it appeared to work. I've more or less decided to live with gout in the imperfections but no matter what I try there's always what appears to be a haze of grout film on the tiles. They look great until they dry out again then the haze is back.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
You don't wet , buff off with a DRY course cloth, also polishes the tile.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what you mean by a coarse cloth. I've tried with dry rough towelling and a dry scouring pad but neither has made any noticeable difference.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back