Removing grout from tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to remove the grout from our new porcelain tiles, once you wet them it looks Tile they are clean until they dry again. I have cleaned a few and got all the grout off but there must be an easier way.

Any ideas please?

Ta :D

Sponsored Links
No replies...

Just had a look through the sticky post to see if I missed anything :D

First of all are you sure its grout? I say that because some polished porcelain come with a wax coating in order to protect the finish from the next tile in the box. If you have an unused tile have a look at it. Is it shiny or can you see a coating of wax on it? If it is shiny and you are sure its grout residue then there is no easy way to get it off. Try using light scourers and its just a case of elbow grease. Hope that helps a bit.

Hello,

Yep sure its grout, its taken ages to clean a few up, it does come off but after loads of scrubbing with a scrubbing pad. Any tips or cleaning products that would help please?

Ta:cool:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, the best method I have found so far is using an old credit type card to remove the grout. As soon at you wet it you cant see it because it goes the same colour as the tile...

There is still loads to do...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back