Removing halogen downlights

MJ5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please in telling me where I can buy the rubber, sucker type 'tool' that is used to remove halogen lights from downlighting.

A friend has one and it is so easy to just suck onto the old bulb, twist and remove it. Same when putting replacement in. He was given it, so can't help in terms of where I can get one.

Otherwise I find it near impossible to get old one's out and get a new one in.

Many thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
I picked up a box of "suckers" in B&Q after christmas - seems they use a similar thing for hanging decorations and the likes - works a treat - they also use similar things on the kids sun-shields used in cars....

~rlc

Try your local toy store ;)

istockphoto_528825_toy_sucker_darts.jpg

MJ5 said:
Can anyone help please in telling me where I can buy the rubber, sucker type 'tool' that is used to remove halogen lights from downlighting.

I had the same problem and I was wondering where to get one from as well.
Thanks lads
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Here's a "rad" idea. Pull the whole downlighter down and grip the back of the lamp, thus being able to push it out as well as twisting. I dont know how i think them up sometimes Jerry. :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back