Removing moss from bungalow roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fair bit of moss on my roof that I would like rid of. The roof tiles are concrete (I think). Do you think its safe for me to get up on the roof to scrape the moss off? I noticed my neighbour across the road doing his but his tiles look different to mine.

Sponsored Links
Why?
Unless it falls off into the gutter it's better where it is

Sponsored Links
NFRC is a dedicated roofing trade association that has been around for over 120 years we have never recognised the practice of moss removal or roof painting as a true roofing discipline. The reason being, in most instances, moss on roof tiles is rarely a problem and only needs to be removed if it is blocking gutters, outlets and other drainage points on the roof. Most ‘techniques’ that we have come across to remove moss, are often achieved by ‘violent’ means such as power-washing, which may cause damage to the roof, especially when combined with unnecessary foot traffic often leading to cracked or broken roof tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back