Removing my half of chimney stack ;

@jim88 Do you have a photo of the stack you're looking to remove?

As per the attached and if this was the case, surely the brick divider is considered to be a party wall element and therefore covered under the PWA?

Attachments

• 0957s.jpg
    0957s.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
@jim88
As per the attached
Is than an american site?

Dividers? Those are withes, and they are part of the stack not the party wall.

There are no party wall elements in the PWA, there are party walls and party structures eg a wall or floor or some part of a structure separating buildings or parts of buildings - and that's the crucial bit.

@jim88 Do you have a photo of the stack you're looking to remove?

As per the attached and if this was the case, surely the brick divider is considered to be a party wall element and therefore covered under the PWA?

i will get some pictures tomorrow, I’ve had a chat with my neighbour and I’ve started today.

so the party wall is 9” (2 brick) and it looked like the Single party wall in the stack was supported on her side of the party wall, so my plan was to use my side of the party wall to re brick with a new face so it covered the rough bricks in the stack. However once we started taking more bricks out we found the stack was kinda built diagonally across both party wall bricks (not sure if this was how they used to do it anyway).
Anyway If your following me up to now,

I’ve got some left over steels on my
Job and I’m fitting 2 that will then support a new wall being built up from the loft floor up to chimney stack height.

it’s more work than I hoped but at least I reinforce the neighbours stack properly.

I will get pictures tomorrow incase you don’t understand what I’m saying

Sponsored Links
Just re built my side, neighbour is happy, stress over. Thanks for everyone that took the time to advise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back