Removing Old Bathroom Light with Heater Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to remove this from a bathroom for someone:

http://www.phykell.co.uk/diy/bathroom_heater_light.jpg

(I know, it's horrible) :eek:

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Can I expect that this will run from the ring main rather than the lighting circuit. Obviously the heating unit will use a fair amount of power so I wouldn't have thought it wouldl use the lighting circuit. Is there a possibility it could use both circuits, power and lighting?

Sponsored Links
can you get at it from above and see where the cables are going?

I guess I'll have to. I just wondered if someone might have seen one of these before. If it's got a power circuit to it, I'll just cap the thing and then take a feed from an existing rose. Thing is, the whole house was rewired about five years ago. I can't understand why they left such a dinosaur in....

Seen them before - one circuit, and everyone i have seen is on the lights :(

Sponsored Links
agree with lectrician,recently removed one from a little old dears shower room was just connected direct to the light circuit :eek:

I took similar out of my bathroom and it ran off the light circuit alone. The insulation round the wires had gone brittle where it entered the body of the light (I guess due to it getting so hot).

I had to get rid of it as soon as I got the house. It absolutely stank when it was switched on, and having the top of your head warmed-up as you work below is never nice..........

depends whether you're bald or not...... :evil:

if the sparky was good, he would have taken it off the ring.

excuse poor tping, have baby on lap and trying to do it one handed while having my neck sucked to death....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back