removing paint/ primer

3 Jun 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm learning very fast in the art of decorating after buying a 1970's house.
I've stripped the wall paper off a back bedroom, all gone now. The walls had previously been painted and there is lots of lovely bright green paint, but some did come off with the paper.

I'm planning on painting the room and would like perfect walls, so do not want the shapes of old paint showing through. The plaster underneath is very good.

What do I do?

Is there a thick primer/ undercoat
Is there paint stripper that wont damage the plaster
Another method?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
You could use lining paper and then paint that.
You need to do all your filling and sanding (polyfiller) before papering.

You'll get a good finish, warm to the touch.

Do it right and the joins will be hardly visible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links