Removing plinth in fitted kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

See images. Slugs somehow getting into kitchen via gap between skirting and plinth. I know there coming in from outside, but I want to take a look behind plinth.

Is there a recommended way to remove it?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Something like a wire coat hanger bent with a gentle radius pushed under round the arc untill flat on the floor then pull

its worth mentioning slugs start around the size off a grain off rice and can grow on little more than paper as a food source so dont look for say 12mm gaps look for 2mm or possibly smaller and dont use paper to fill as its an apéritif to the slimy ones

as an aside
i left an empty pringles tube in the garden over winter under my bench on its side [unknowingly blown under]and when i found it next summer it was no more than a tin base foil tube and a plastic cap that had fallen to the ground but complete and a bit deformed

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks. You may have noticed the salt in the bottom corner of the picture. This is where said slug seems to have entered the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back