removing russian vine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2-3 metres of russian vine growing in a border and it's strangling everything near it (I didn't plant it it was there when we moved in.) It's also coming out of the gaps between slabs and is rampant at this time of year. I want to get rid of it, but without doing any damage to the plants near it. I removed a section that was near a wall by digging out the roots, but it's impossible to dig out smaller sections between plants. Is there any selective weedkiller I can use, perhaps that kind that comes in a pen and can be painted onto individual leaves. Does glyphosate come in a pen? or is that not strong enough?

I may have to resort to pulling it out by hand everytime it reappears. It's gone for the moment, but I expect it to return with a vengence!

Sponsored Links
I would use neat roundup but wait until you see the foliage then apply it with a small paintbrush, the the weed killer will percolate down the stem and kill the roots.......shouldn't see them again, I stress " neat" not already diluted stuff. It got rid of my knotweed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back