Removing skirting boards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any tips on how to remove skirting boards without damaging them?

I want to remove them to plaster and decorate but want to put them back afterwards.

Sponsored Links
AdrianB
hi
its like a crowbar but very slight to snake behind boards , prise off an at sections ,bevel edge cut them with a mitre circular saw....
if more info ask
hope this helps ...

Thanks for the reply, just to let you know I managed to remove the board in question but it got slightly damaged in the process.

I'm thinking about getting a carpenter to fit new skirting to the whole room when its finished now as all they are all a little tatty but that depends on how much they would charge.

depends how big the room is,
how many mitres,
how deep the skirting is,
if theres a radiator to overcome,
any silly low level plug, phone, tele sockets,
is the room furnished,
will you decorate it yourself,
upstairs or down.

Sponsored Links
For your information the room is 4 metres by 3.6 metres not including a bay window.

I think there are 9 mitres due to a bay window, with no radiators or plugs in the way. The current boards are about 2 cm’s thick. The room is upstairs and furnished and we’ll decorate ourselves.

most finished timber is 20mm thick, its the depth of the skirting that makes it more difficult to fit. i.e. 75mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm........etc.
is it taurus, regency, chamfered, round edge?

I see, that boards that are on at the moment are 175mm in depth. I don't know what style they are though.

Timber = £50.

Polish joiner = £50.

joe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back