Removing stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to remove stud partition wall to enlarge a bedroom.It will be messy as it is lath and plaster(in Sheffield that means black ash mortar).Any tips on removal and how does one make good the ceiling after?Similarly how does one make good the exposed vertical at the 90degree return?I imagine it is a question of plastering and the judicious use of plasterboard.
I can confirm the wall is not load bearing and has no pipe/cable runs lurking within.Thanks

Sponsored Links
You imagine correctly.

Smashing the hell out of it will be messy, getting a big saw and removing it in sections will be slightly less dusty but will take longer.

I hope you're very sure it's not load bearing.

My only experience of this was with a stud wall that wasn't supposed to be load bearing, but due to settlement it was. When I removed the last vertical I was so scared I tied a rope to it and pulled it away from a short distance. There was a bit of a thump, but it turned out OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back