Removing super glued magnet from kitchen bench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically as the subject suggests a friend of mine has accidently super glued a magnet to their kitchen bench. Does anyone know how to remove this without damaging the bench?

Have tried nail polish remover however because its not touching the actual glue it isn't helping matters.

-Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Do you think that it would work? Just with the magnet being stuck on top of the glue the debonder wouldn't be touching the actual super glue?

Its about the only chance you have, I think.....the release agent should find its way into the glue but obviously I don't know how long that would take or even if there would be a stain afterwards.
If the worktop is timber then the superglue may have already caused a stain, and if its a mica finish then damage would occur if you tried to remove the magnet any other way.
Whatever you do, dont try to prise the magnet off with a screwdriver as some of the surface beneath could come away...a gentle sideways shock with a hammer could work though.
Wishing you luck!
John :)

Sponsored Links
My friend tried with a hammer and it came off! The bench has a little residue on but I assume that will come off with acetone. Also it isnt damaged.

Thanks again :D

Just get a sharp flat chisel, lay it on on the worktop, and run it back and to over the glue. It will lift it for him.

Alright, i`ll do it...................

As the others were scared to.

Why was it superglued in the first place?

I would guess they were repairing the fridge magnet on the table with glue and dropped it :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back