Removing UPVC decoration paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I recently bought my first house and absolutely hate the paint on my upvc windows all over the front of the house! Can anyone tell me if I will need to replace the whole glass or can I remove, clean and put it back in? Apologies if it is a noob question but have no experience with DIY on upvc windows before.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180421_153714.jpg
    20180421_153714.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
New double glazed units required, the colours you see is a coloured film applied to the inner surface of the outer most pane so is now within the cavity and can not be gotten to to peel off, the lead work is only stuck on and will peel off easily but would need some alcohol wipes to remove the glue residue, all in vein though because of the colours

New double glazed units required, the colours you see is a coloured film applied to the inner surface of the outer most pane so is now within the cavity and can not be gotten to to peel off, the lead work is only stuck on and will peel off easily but would need some alcohol wipes to remove the glue residue, all in vein though because of the colours

Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately sounds like an expensive fix! I believe it would cost quite a bit per window.

Sponsored Links
Actual cost price of the units isn't bad, around £25 for the smaller ones & £45 for the big ones (toughened glass).
Measuring and fitting are the tricky bits especially as it looks like your windows are externally beaded so it s all going to have to be done off ladders.
Get a quote from a local glazing/double glazing company, Take or email them some photos and sizes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back