Removing vinyl floor tiles - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help me. I'm in the throws of stripping out my kitchen to fit a brand spanking new one that I've been saving up for for 5 years (and so I want to do a good job).

Anyway, I want ceramic floor tiles (did this in my bathroom on wooden and ply and it looks amazing if I do say so myself). Started pulling up the nasty old vinyl floor tiles which is harder than i thought only to reveal more vinyl floor tiles.

Firstly, I assume both layers must be pulled up before I can tile (and thus tile directly onto a concrete floor)?
Secondly, if this is the case, any tips on how to get them off?

Thanks

Vickie

Sponsored Links
either a lot of patience and elbow grease or you could go to your local hire shop and hire out a small breaker, only about £20 a day or £40 for the week, and yes get them all up.

patience and elbow grease it is then, thanks. 3 hours on and I'm about one eighth of my way through :cry:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back