Removing wall cold feed water pipe is clipped to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a small pantry in the corner of my kitchen and am planning on removing the pantry walls to create more space. The water comes in the corner of the building where the pantry is and goes up through the ceiling to the rest of the house. It's all copper pipe.

The pipe is clipped to one of the walls I want to demolish. I reckon the pipe could be unclipped and the wall removed carefully without moving or damaging it. Then a small frame could be built, attached to the remaining outer wall that the pipe could be clipped to and then it could be boxed in.

Is this silly idea compared to just moving the pipe a small distance? And is leaving the pipe temporarily unsupported while I take down the wall likely to be a risk?

Sponsored Links
Also I read somewhere for 15mm copper pipes they should be clipped every 1.8m going vertically or 1.2m going horizontally, is this correct?

1. If it were me I'd prefer to move the pipe to another wall so that is could be properly clipped without building anything special.
2. The distances you give for clipping vertical and horizontal copper pipes is correct.
3. Leaving it unsupported during wall removal is a risk, but a very slight one provided you are careful with the demolition. Make sure you know where the stop cock is, and that it works, before starting.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back