Removing wood stain - can anyone help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec, Brilliant, thank you. Will finish sanding off tomorrow and attack stain at the weekend. Thank you again.

Sponsored Links
To TheDec

I managed to get the last (3rd) coat of stain on yesterday and looking at it this morning I am very pleased to say there are no bubbles at all. I took as much of the old stain off as possible with paint remover and rubbed down with 80 as you suggested. I lightly sanded before the last coat and it seemed reluctant to accept the stain so I just kept on until it did. It looked a little bit like, greasy, but it has covered.

I am so relieved to have got it done properly at last, it looks so much better than the bubble effect and thank you for all your help. I am so pleased to have got it done before the winter onslaught. Thank you again.

Kind regards, Deirdre.

If you click on the little button on the right hand side that says thanks where you see one of TheDec's posts then others will see that he has been previously thanked. The thanks have no value other than to show others posting questions that the person answering more likely to be the type of person that is worthy of listening to.

In my humble opinion TheDec is probably the most helpful/knowledgeable member of this section of DIYnot.

Well done, getting the stain off is a pig of a job.

Regards

Deirdre.

I am glad to here that you have got this sorted out, it was obviously worrying you. If your planning to do anymore diy you know where we are.

Take care

Dec.

Sponsored Links
opps.

Allow me to extend my utmost thanks for those kind words, I also deem your advice as both excellent and knowledgable.

Thanks again

Dec.

HI theDec

i don't know you from adam but what i said is true. keep it up.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back