Renault Electric Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I have a Renault scenic megane 1.4 estate on a 53 plate. my problem his with the nearside front and back windows they work perfectly with the the drivers control buttons but with their own respective button they will only go up and not down anybody got any ideas they will be much appreciated. Steve

Sponsored Links
Is there an inhibiter switch somewhere that you have overlooked?
Most cars have this feature to stop children opening the windows in the rear, the fact that the windows will only go up is good design.

Wotan

Im not sure about the switch but the back window on the off side goes up and down no problems, if their was a switch any ideas where this would be.

Im not sure about the switch but the back window on the off side goes up and down no problems, if their was a switch any ideas where this would be.
If one side works and the other side does not, then the switch may be faulty.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I had a silly fault with my Renault megane windows a while back.
They would go down and up but no all the way up to close.
It turned out there is a sensor set up on the windows and when the battery went low power it got confused.
I found a simple reset instruction on the net which sorted it.

I know it is not the same fault but it may be worth a go.

with the switches at the faulty windows try holding them in the up position for a few seconds more when the window has closed. Try to repeat this for the down stroke and see if it resets the system.

Back