Renault master 2500 diesel oil change.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just had an MOT, new oil and filter, on a Renault Master 2500 diesel panel van 2004.

I was taken aback by the cost £231.

The mechanic said, that he had to fix the undercover captivated nuts. This I understand, as it's happened before.

Then I recalled, that when I used to do the same, I used a trap door in the undercover. I just looked down the font of the engine compartment and could see that the trapdoor, is no more, just a hole. I also think I can see the filter, but it looks old and dirty.

Can someone show me a picture of where the filter is on one of these vans please? I searched but got all sorts of wrong results.
Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
I’m pretty sure its right at the bottom of the front of the engine, towards the left, horizontally mounted?
John :)

I’m pretty sure its right at the bottom of the front of the engine, towards the left, horizontally mounted?
Hi J,
Good, that what I was looking at. I was surprised that it is dirty, but now I realise that the filter goes inside it. I thought it was a complete filter and he hadn't changed it.

To change the oil and filter does the bottom undercover need to come off, or can it all be done through the trapdoor?
C.

Sponsored Links
There are plenty of videos on YouTube.
Here's one of them.
Hi S,
I saw that, but I used to change my own oil/filters, and I'm sure I didn't take the cover off, but I'm getting to the stage where memories blend with each other.:)
C.

For sure I'm no stranger to the horrors of undertray fixings....especially where the French use captive nuts recessed into the subframe.
It once took me over an hour to get the undertray off a Citroen Berlingo (12 plate) and all of 10 mins to get the sump plug out and in again :(
Bring out the cable ties!

For sure I'm no stranger to the horrors of undertray fixings....especially where the French use captive nuts recessed into the subframe.
It once took me over an hour to get the undertray off a Citroen Berlingo (12 plate) and all of 10 mins to get the sump plug out and in again :(
Bring out the cable ties!
Hi J,
Way back I had a mate change the cam belt, and as he was replacing the undertray, he had the same probem, and within minutes he had mig welded them. I suppose others had gone this time.

What I wanted to know is, do you have to remove the tray to change the oil and filter?
C

I guess you could get at the sump plug, but the filter replacement invariably means undertray off.
To be honest, the only one I've ever seen didn't have one!

Looking at this video and this picture, you don't need to remove the undertray.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Looking at this video and this picture, you don't need to remove the undertray.
Hi S,
Exactly! This means that with the extra 1/2 hour labour, it cost an extra £30. I wonder if the mecahnic didn't know? He said he has been wroking on Renaults for 15 years.
C

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back