Renault master 2500 diesel van Alternator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Renault master MM33 DCi MWB 2500cc Diesl van 2004
The batteryand STOP light have come on, so I assume the Alternator has gone. Is there a way to test it to make sure, please?
At the Battery there is no difference to the voltage when the engine is running or not.
Camerart.

Sponsored Links
That's a pretty good test you've done and I guess the alternator has called it a day. Waggle the connection at the back though, keeping an eye on the meter. I assume the drive belt is still there!
John :)

I would concur with John. Voltage should be about 14.4 volts if the alternator is charging. On some alternators you can just change the regulator assembly which is a lot cheaper. Find your alternator identification and look on ebay.

Peter

Hi, Yes, the belt is still there:)
The Alternator is warm when running, which made me wonder if it is working, but not delivering.
Ho do I find the Alternator identification?
C.

Sponsored Links
Usually there's a sticker on the back but you may have to drop the thing to see it :eek:
An exchange unit from a motor factors may be the way to go.
John :)

I just had a look, and the sticker can't be seen.

MOT on Tuesday, so I checked everything, and a headlight bulb has gone. It took me 1/2 hour to unclip the bulb, which indicates to me that my time of changing Alternators has passed.

So far a quote for the Alternator, belt and Tensioner is £550, and probably plus VAT. What happened to cheap vehicle repairs?

C.

I had a car that wasn't charging and it turned out to be a wire damaged internally. I seem to remember it being called an Xciter or something?

Hi,
Just got back from the garage.
Exchange Bosch alternator, tensioner and belt.
Oil flush, new oil, filter.
Total, £580.

It's a lot of money, but it's done now, with a guarantee, so that's life.
Cheers, C.

Sponsored Links
Back