Renault master oil change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to change the oil on my Renault Master 2.5 diesel van. For my situation, it is difficult do this in the normal way, i,e, from the bottom. I would like to know if anyone has ever sucked the oil out through the dipstick tube?

Cheers, Camerart

Sponsored Links
Its reasonably common, in fact some cars are born without drain plugs.
The problem is, does the suction pipe go where its needed and is it deep enough...there will always be residual oil down there but in reality I doubt if it matters too much.
One sort of way is to measure the quantity of oil that you pump out.
I've had a scary moment when the suction tube got stuck....put a few years on me, that one :p
John :)

Thanks John,

Do you have a master van?

I imagine a stiffer tube is better than a soft one, so that the 'bottom' of the sump could be felt easier? (If I'm lucky)

I know what you mean about your scary moment. I did an oil check and the dipstick snapped in half, good job it was not when it was in the tube.

Good idea to measure what is pumped out.

Cheers, Camerart.

I have a 56 plate Berlingo, and the extractor I have is a 6 litre air operated jobby by Sealey. The extraction tube is stiff and fits down most dipstick tubes......frankly, I'm not too pleased with it as sometimes its suction is limited. Fine when the oil is hot though.
The likes of Kwikfit etc will offer you an oil and filter change quite reasonably, if you don't want to venture underneath the vehicle.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks John,

Do you have a master van?

I imagine a stiffer tube is better than a soft one, so that the 'bottom' of the sump could be felt easier? (If I'm lucky)

I know what you mean about your scary moment. I did an oil check and the dipstick snapped in half, good job it was not when it was in the tube.

Good idea to measure what is pumped out.

Cheers, Camerart.

sorry i couldnt resist it, a stiffer one is always better than a soft one! :LOL:

Back