Renault Scenic 1.6e 1997/8 8vRT - heater running cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone help. My heater is running cold. It is not getting hot at all even after a longish journey - My husband has deconnected the matrix pipes and flushed them through with a hose (all clear) - brought a new thermostat and housing - Still no joy - any ideas. Does anyone know what the sensor under the temperature sensor on the metal side of the thermostat housing? Is this used to regulate the water going into the heater matrix?

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same problem with my scenic bled the system changed the thermostat no joy, then flushed the matrix it was fairly clear but did start blowing luke warm after that, bled the system again, no joy. So I bought a new heater matrix and now blows lovely hot air out.

1. Make sure all the air is out of the system. The heater hoses should had bleed screws at the highest points. Open until coolant comes. Top up as necessary. Pipes going into heater matrix should be hot when the car has been running for a while?

2. The flap in the heater is stuck in the cold position due to a faulty control switch or a faulty flap control. This flap makes the air pass through the matrix to be heated or around the matrix if you want cold air. Obviously its going around, using the cold route.

3. Sensor has no control over interior heater

Sponsored Links
Back