Renault Trafic Sliding Door (53 plate)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I`m back looking for some guidance !!

I`ve got a problem with the Sliding Door , Basically it wont open , when I use the Key remote there`s a sort of grinding sound from the Lock area , I`ve been inside and tried to unlock it from inside but its not opening !!

Is it a Door off job to fix it ???

Any advice /guidance would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Phil
I

Sponsored Links
The grinding sound is probably the lock trying to electronically unlock, it's probably seized or has a fault. Normally you would remove the inner door trim panel to access the lock parts, no need to remove the whole door.

Thanks for the heads up .I`m off in the morning , so I`ll be climbing in to have a looksee

I`ll update tomorrow .... hopefully

Phil

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys , thought I`d better post a progress report

I managed to clamber in (my Van is pretty full) one problem I have for access is that I have a tool store chest bolted by the Sliding Door
anyway I managed to get off the Panel and have looksee , I couldn't see anything amiss , plus still couldn't open the Door , So I shook the
Can of WD40 and gave all the mechanism a good spraying , then left it for a few days , hey presto the Locks works and the Door opens
I`ve given all the parts now on show a good spray and I`ll be leaving the panel off for a few days

Got to Love WD40

Thanks for any input

Back